TOWN OF VIRDEN
Citizen of the Year Award
What is it for?
Citizens who have been a positive influence on the community in a social, cultural, recreational or economic manner.
Who is eligible?
This person may have achieved a notable goal and shown pride in the community of Virden by giving of themselves in the area of “Volunteer Work” for community organizations, visual or performing arts, or athletic accomplishments. It is a way to honour individuals who are respected in the community for their dedication, generosity, and genuine community spirit.
- Nomination forms are available at the Town Office or at www.virden.ca.
- Nomination deadline is November 25th, 2022.
- Nominations are accepted only at the Town Office.
- Previous nominees can be nominated again, but if the individual was awarded the year prior, they cannot be nominated for two years.
- The Town of Virden council will sit as a decision group and select the recipient.
- The recipient will be announced at the Town of Virden Christmas Party in a formal presentation. All other nominees will receive a signed special achievement certificate.
A Roll of Honour will be kept in the Town Office.
If you are interested in nominating someone for Citizen of the Year, please mail your completed nomination form to:
Town of Virden
Virden, MB R0M 2C0
Fax: (204) 748-2501
Or, submit your nomination with the form below