The Town of Virden has identified a 2-acre parcel of land located adjacent to the recreation complex/grounds as an opportunity for business or recreational development. The purpose of this RFP is to enable the Town of Virden to select a qualified proponent to enter into negotiations for the purchase of the land and development of a high-quality project. Any potential development must, as a key priority, consider the opportunity that best fits the existing infrastructure and development within the area.
Closing Date: October 16th, 2020
Town of Virden
Tundra Oil and Gas Place
Call for Proposals – 2020/2021 Canteen Operations
Requests for Proposals for the lease and operations of the Canteen at Tundra Oil and Gas Place located at 900 5th Avenue South in Virden will be received until a suitable proposal is received.
The Arena Canteen contract will start on September 1, 2020. The initial term will be for one season, but pending successful performance, contract may be renewed for 1 or more years. All basic canteen equipment will be supplied. The Canteen is available for inspection by appointment - contact Tracy Howard, Manager of Parks and Recreation at 204-748-2736 ext. 1 to arrange for viewing.
For more information and a proposal package please contact:
Tracy Howard, Manager of Parks and Recreation
Phone: 204-748-2736 ext. 1
The Town of Virden reserves the right to award the tender in their sole discretion. Highest proposal not necessarily accepted.
TOWN OF VIRDEN
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
ANIMAL CONTROL/POUND KEEPER
The Town of Virden is requesting proposals for contract animal control/pound keeper services for the community, effective immediately.
Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Enforcement of all provisions of the Town of Virden Animal Control By-law
- Apprehension and impoundment of any animal running at large in the municipality
- Provision of proper care for any animal impounded
- All record keeping as required under the By-law and requested by Council
- Enforcement of fines, as provided under the by-law
- Patrolling the Town at regular intervals to ensure compliance with the Town’s By-law
- Provision of an alternate for response, if not available in a reasonable amount of time
- Trapping of wild animals such as skunks which become a nuisance, except those specifically exempted under agreement
The contractor will be required to provide their own vehicle and a cell phone, or answering machine available to the general public, and carry current Workers Compensation coverage or similar insurance.
A complete listing of the specifications for contracted animal control and pound keeper services is available at the Town Office. Proposals will be received until a suitable candidate has been found.
Proposals shall be provided in writing to:
Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Virden
236 Wellington Street West
Virden, MB R0M 2C0
For further information please contact Pearl Cairns at 204-748-2440.